About Pangong Lake Pangong Tso is an endorheic lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends from India to Tibet. 60% of the length of the lake lies in China. The lake is 5 km (3.1 mi) wide at its broadest point. All together it covers 604 sq. km. During winter the lake freezes completely, despite the water being saline. Flora, fauna and geography: The Lake acts as an important breeding ground for a variety of birds including a number of migratory birds. During summer, the Bar-headed goose and Brahmini ducks are commonly seen here. The region around the lake supports a number of species of wildlife including the kiang and the Marmot. Formerly, Pangong Tso had an outlet to Shyok River, a tributary of Indus River, but it was closed off due to natural damming. Two streams feed the lake from the Indian side, forming marshes and wetlands at the edges.Strand lines above current lake level reveal a 5 m (16 ft) thick layer of mud and laminated sand, suggesting the lake has shrunken recently in geological scale.
- 22 well furnished and very clean double-bed rooms.
- Attached bath-rooms with toilet and hot/cold shower
- Internet connection (free of charge for our guests)
- Telephone in all rooms
- Overnight - laundry
- Restaurant with Ladakhi, Indian, Chinese and Continental food.
|STANDARD (SINGLE OCCUPANCY)||4400||4775||5035|
|STANDARD (DOUBLE OCCUPANCY)||4600||5175||5635|
|EXTRA BED (FOR CHILD BETWEEN 5-8 YEARS)||35%||35%||35%|
- Upon Confirmation of the booking 50% of the Total Amount needs to be paid immediately as a Non Refundable Advance.
- The remaining 50% needs to be paid at-least 8 days prior to the Arrival date.
- If the Cancellation comes more than a week ahead of the arrival, 50% of the Total Amount is charged as cancellation fee
- If the cancellation comes within a week of the Arrival date, 100% of the total amount is charged as cancellation fee.
- Kindly Note : No refund is applicable for unexpected and unplanned early departures
- No refund can be given for any unutilized services for any reason(s) what-so-ever.