Day 01: Arrive Leh Arrive at Leh airport, to be received by our representative & transferred to the hotel. Take a full day rest at the hotel as you need to acclimatize well. Overnight Hotel in Leh.
Day 2: Leh to Chilling drive, and a short trek to Tilat Sumdo. In the morning we leave by private vehicles with our support staff to begin this amazing and most exciting winter trek. Shortly after leaving Leh, we reach Nimoo, the confluence of Zanskar and Indus rivers. The sight is amazing as the iced up and frozen Zanskar meets the fast flowing Indus. A great place for Photo Stop.We then turn down from Nimoo following the track parallel to the frozen River Zanskar, a drive towards the road head beside the frozen river is another amazing experience. Travel distance between Leh and Chilling is around 64 KM. We reach the point, past the village of Chilling to where the road head ends. Touching the Chadar first time, we start the trek for 1-2 hrs along the magnificent frozen river Zanskar till Tilat Sumdo. Overnight in tent.
Day 3: Trek to Tsomo Paldar:(9kms/6hrs trek) Wake up around 7:00 am, freshen up & after breakfast you are ready for a day full of frozen ice river trek by 9:00 am. Hearing the different sounds of Chadar forming and breaking, you will soon get familiar where the Chadar or the ice cover is thick and thin. With an early lunch break in between, we would soon reach the majestic. Lunch is in between the trek, where we all stop where sunlight is abundant though duration is much less as the river flows through a gorge and direct sunlight time is limited. We trek again on frozen ice towards the designated camping site for the day. Overnight at camp.
Day 4: Tsomo Paldar to Dibb:(14.5km/8hrs trek) After breakfast, we head for another day expedition on ice among some of the most fantastic landscapes and ice vistas. Though today is the longest day of the trek, we pass through some magnificent beautiful waterfalls and frozen ice cliffs on the left - it is like walking through a giant freezer! The walk also crosses through narrow gorges, where the trekker may have to climb briefly on to the rocky river bank. The sharp bends and current of the river breaks the ice in some places. We might even catch sight of bharals or blue sheep as we trek along the frozen river. Not to say abo Lunch in between on a flat rocky hill side by the river. Overnight at camp.
Day 5: Trek from Dibb to Nyerak Pullu(11.5kms/7hrs) Again one of the magnificent days on the Chadar trek. However, the caution being that this can become difficult if the Chadar is not very firm. The vistas are stunning though as we pass through giant frozen waterfalls, ice cliffs and one may even catch sight of the mountain fox. After lunch we pass the 'incense tree', so called because the locals use its branches to burn in their morning rituals, and the prayer flag draped tree marks the entrance to Zanskar proper. The porters will normally take a few twigs from the tree. We reach Naerak campsite by late afternoon. An old, dilapidated bridge on the river as folklore goes is thought to be more than an 1000 years old. A trail is normally beaten through in the snow towards the village up high in the mountains. Overnight at camp.
Day 6: Return trek: Naerak to Dibb. Though technically it is the same way back, it is also quite different. The Chadar or the blanket of ice that is forming on the River Zanskar is always changing, breaking up and forming itself again. As the Chadar dynamics are ever changing, the same route and place would look and feel different as the texture and conditions change. All along the way, cyclists will pass by and meet a lot of locals wearing their traditional woolen Gonchas, trekking their way towards the village of Padum, Lingshed and Naerak. Pleasantries are exchanged and even a few stories and legend about Zanskar and its people can be heard. Their warmth and smile is amazing among all the hardships. Overnight at camp.
Day 7: Return trek: Trek from Tibb to Shingra Koma
Day 8: Return trek: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tilat Do, and drive to Leh. Today is the last day of this amazing and unique trek. We finally return back to the road head where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to our hotel at Leh. On arrival at Leh , check into your hotel & relax & linger on to the experiences of this ice trek that you will always remember.
Day 9: Return from Leh by early morning flight Transfer to the Airport to board your flight back home
- Accommodation :- Twin sharing - APAI ( Veg/Non Veg) - Leh - The Auspicious Hotel ( Day 01 & 08/09) / Tent at campsites on all other days.
- Surface Transport
- Support Team :- Qualified guide along with porters , cook & helpers
- Equipment & gear :- Trekkers need to get their own winter wear, Walking stick, trekking & Gumboots. sleeping bags shall be provided by us.
- Travel Insurence
- Gum Boots
- Walking Sticks
- Bottle Thermos
- Rs.27000+2500 Environment Fee Per Pax on twin sharing using Hotel
- Rs.25000+2500 Environment Fee Per Pax on triple sharing using Hotels
The Auspicious Hotel, Leh
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Prices valid for Minimum 02, 04 & 06 pax traveling together in one vehicle & above 06 pax based on Maxi Cab (12 Seater).
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control shall be charged extra.
- Upon Confirmation of the booking 50% of the Total Amount needs to be paid immediately as a Non Refundable Advance.
- The remaining 50% needs to be paid at-least 8 days prior to the Arrival date.
- For cancellation in more than a week ahead of the arrival, 50% of the Total Amount is charged as cancellation Fee.
- If the cancellation comes within a week of the Arrival date, 100% of the total amount is charged as cancellation fee.
- Kindly Note : No refund is applicable for unexpected and unplanned early departures.
- No refund can be given for any unutilized services for any reason(s) what-so-ever including ill health, road blocks, natural calamities or any other reason beyond our control.
- Note: Booking is confirmed subject to the receipt of full payment a week before arrival, failing which the management reserves the right to release the booking. Kindly note, the advance paid will be forfeited in this case.
The contents of this email, including the attachments, are PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If you receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then permanently delete it from your system. The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email, including the attachments, is strictly forbidden. Please note that neither TRIP INDIA HOTELS nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of TRIP INDIA HOTELS by means of email communications.