DAY 01: DELHI – LEH KUSHOK BAKULA AIRPORT: After breakfast transfer to T2 Airport with assistance. Arrival at Leh Kushok Bakula airport our representative will meet & Greet you and transfer to the Hotel. This flight is one of the most sensational flights in the world. On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif. You would take a little time to settle in and acclimatize since you have gone from a relatively low elevation in New Delhi to over (Altitude 11,000 feet). Rest for the acclimatization in the hotel till Afternoon.
In the afternoon walk to LAMO (Ladakh Arts and Media Organization) The Ladakh Arts and Media Organization (LAMO) is a public charitable trust established to articulate an alternative vision for the arts and media in Ladakh. The organization set up the LAMO Centre in Leh, the main town of the region, to provide a space for the understanding and development of the arts. The complex on which the Centre is located comprises two historical houses below the 17th century Lechen Pelkhar (Leh Palace). The houses were restored by LAMO and converted to an arts space with galleries, offices, a library and reading room, screening room, conference room, and open-air performance site. The Centre is designed to conduct outreach programs, lectures, film screenings, research and documentation projects, workshops and exhibitions that showcase Ladakh’s material and visual culture, performing arts and literature.
Mission & Objectives
The Himalayan region of Ladakh has a rich artistic heritage. Despite its harsh terrain, Ladakh has long been a location where people, commerce and cultures intermingled and its art forms reflect multicultural influences. Each art form contains a storehouse of information, making it important for the dissemination of the vital cultural material that is part of a community’s shared heritage. Today, the arts are vulnerable to dramatic transformations in the economic and social world of Ladakh. Knowledge and skills are endangered as the pressures of globalization and modernity have resulted in the marginalization of key arts practices. LAMO aims to revitalize living art forms, which are a rich resource of potential livelihood and knowledge about the history and life of the people who created them. Its work is founded on the principle that culture is not merely rooted in tradition but is also open to change and innovation. Overnight in Leh.
DAY 02: LEH-SABU TREK ¾ HRS; LUNCH IN LADAKH FAMILY HOUSE (LADAKHI COOKING DEMONSTRATION): Early morning yoga session with instructor - Firstly very quick intro session with yoga teacher, than start yoga session at hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours). Morning after the breakfast at your hotel we will start the trek from the hotel only we will pass by the polo ground the first leg of the trek is uphill until you cross the two small mountains. Then the trail leads from a dry valley towards the village of Saboo which you can view from a distance from the top you can see the Stok Kangri peak 6200 mt on the opposite side of the Indus river, then walk down towards Sabu village. The you transferred to Ladakhi local family house for lunch with the family where local show you the cooking demonstration of the ladakhi food and will service you the best home cooked food for the lunch with local butter tea with Chang ( local beer) later drive back to Leh overnight in hotel. Ladakhi Local House.
DAY 03: LEH –SASPOL CAVES-ALCHI-ULETOKPO (3200M). 5/6 HRS: HRSEarly morning yoga session with instructor - at hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours). Today you will drive to Ule Ethnic Resort via Nimoo where you will have a short stop for photo of the confluence of Zanskar and Indus river further drive via Basgo later reach Saspol village, then we will visit Saspol Caves – amazing rock-cut temples. Four of these caves are richly adorned with paintings of Buddhist panting from 13th – 15th century AD, representing a fusion of Indian and Tibetan Buddhist art.There opens wide, beautiful view in Indus valley from the caves.Entrance in the main temple – Cave 2 – is painted with orange color. Earlier it was hard to access, now there are made stairs. Paintings in Cave 1 (counted from the west) are bleached. Cave 3 is the upper part of two-storied cave. Cave 4 is located higher than others.
The drive to other side of the river and visit the famous alchi monastery, Alchi Choskor "Religious Enclave" is 69 km. west of Leh, the most famous and largest of all the Gonpa built by Lotsava Rinchen Zangpo. He appointed four families to look after Choskor, as there was no monastic community introduced, then in the 15th century Choskor was taken over by the Lekir Monastery since then Choskor is being taken care of by Lekir Monastery. The monastery comprises of Dukhang (Assembly Hall), Sumtsek Lhakhang (three tier) the Lhakhang Soma (New Temple), Jamyang Lhakhang (Munjushri Temple), Lotsava Lhakhang (Translator Temple) and Kangur Lhakhang. The Sculptors and Wood carvers are said to be brought from Kashmir around in 11th Century. Overnight in Ule SaspolCaves Alchi Village.
DAY 04: ULE –LAMAYURU-WANLA-ULE 5/6 HRS (MEET LOCAL DOCTOR FOR TIBETAN MEDICINE): Early morning yoga session with instructor - at Camp premises for (01 – 02 Hours). The Lamayuru "Yungdrung" Gonpa is remarkably built on a rock, west of Leh, on the Leh Srinagar highway. Lamayuru belongs to the Drigunpa order of Tibetan Buddhism. The history of the monastery Begins with the visit of Arahat Nimagung to this place, when there was merely a lake here. It is said that Arahat made a prophecy that "a monastery will come up at this spot" and he made offerings (prayer with grains of corn) to the Nagaserpent spirits. The corns mixed with the earth and formed in the shape of Swastika (Yungdrung), later it came to be known as Yungdrung Monastery. The Great Translator Rinchen Zangpo constructed a temple here in eleventh century.
Naropa also visited Lamayuru and meditated here. Gelukspa or Kadampa school of Tibetan Buddhism initially looked after Lamayuru, but later; it was taken over by Digungpa Order. Its monastic festival is called "Yuru Kabgyat", takes place on 17th and 18th of 5th month of the Tibetan Calendar. Lunch in Lamayuru.
Later drive to Wanla, Wanla (Wamda originally, mean a bow shape valley) . Above village, tiny medieval Wanla Gompa is dramatically perched on a towering knife-edge ridge flanked by two shattered tower remnants of a now-destroyed 14th-century fortress. Its carved porch is reminiscent of Alchi’s and a single, spookily dark chamber contains three large statues backed by ancient smoke-blackened murals. There is an old temple deep in the valley, with a protector deity, is unique and hardly any tourist goes there. On the way have chance to meet a local doctor who tell you about the tibetian medicine, on the way we have chance to meet a local doctor who will tell us about Tibetan Medicine , overnight in Ule Ladakhi Local Doctor ( Amchi) Wanla Monastery.
Evening yoga session with instructor - at Camp premises for(01 – 02 Hours).
DAY 05: ULE-ARYAN VALLEY (BEMA) (2750M) 90 KM 3-4 HRS: Early morning yoga session with instructor - at Camp premises for (01 – 02 Hours). Morning after the breakfast drive to Bema (Aryan Valley) on the way visit Skurbuchan village and the monastery, upon arrival in Bema later explore the village. Dha-Hanu people belongs to the Aryan race their cultural and language is different from then the Ladakhi’s, Drokpa Community considered to be the last race of Aryans confined to the valley. Their feature is pure Indo Aryan and they have preserved their racial purity down the centuries. Their culture and religious practices are very similar to ancient pre- Buddhist religion known as Bon-Chos, dinner and overnight in camp ARYAN GIRLS LAMAYURU. Evening yoga session with instructor - at Camp premises for (01 – 02 Hours).
DAY 06: BEMA –TINGMOSGANG- 110 KM 3/4 HRS: Early morning yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours). Morning after the breakfast at the camp to drive Tingmosgang is a castle in Temisgam village, on the bank of Indus River in Ladakh, in northwestern India. It is 92 km west of Leh, near Khalatse, and north of the present main road. The town has a palace and the monastery over a hillock.
Tingmosgang was built by King Drag-pa-Bum as his capital in the 15th century. It is through his grandson Bhagan that Ladakh's second dynasty originated - Namgyals (Victorious) which politically endured until the Dogra annexation in 1841 and whose lineage still lives on in the Stok Palace.
Tingmosgang is also important from an historical point of view. After the death of the Fifth Dalai Lama, the Regent ruling Tibet sent the head of the Drukpa order here as an emissary and in 1684 the "Treaty of Tingmosgang" was signed between Ladakh and Tibet wherein the boundary between the two countries was demarcated as we find it today, besides other religious and trade agreements.
Geographically, the Indus Valley is the back-bone of Ladakh, historically from Upshi down to Khaltse, it is Ladakh's heartland. All the main places associated with Ladakh's dynastic history- Shey, Leh, Basgo and Tingmosgang- together with all the important gompas, outside Zanskar, are situated along this stretch of Indus, overnight
Evening yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours).
DAY 07: ULE-LEH VIA LIKIR MONASTERY 3-4 HRS: HRSEarly morning yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours). Morning drive to Leh on the visit Likir monastery LIKIR GOMPA: Founded in the 11th century and rededicated to a different monastic order in the 15th century, its earlier Gompa was destroyed in a fire. The present Gompa dated back to the 18th century. Skilled craftsmen producing excellent Thankas, earthen pots and carved wooden folding stools, live here in the village. Majestically situated, Likir commands a spectacular view. The monastery belong to the Yellow sect and the head Lama is the younger brother of Dalia Lama, Lunch in Leh after lunch free, overnight hotel. Likir Monastery.
Evening yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours).
DAY 08: FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING OF STOK – MATHO – HEMIS – STAKNA 89KM 5/6 KM (THIKSAY MORNING CEREMONY): Early morning yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours). After breakfast, ride Bike to Stok via Choglamsar by crossing a bridge on the river Indus. In Stok, visit the royal palace of present king and queen which constructed by the king Tsespal Tondup Namgyal in 1825. Inside the palace, you see great collection of ancient royal ornaments, Thankas and old statues. After visiting Stok Palace, drive to Matho village, 10 km from Stok. Visit Matho monastery built by Lama Tumgpa Dorje. The famous two oracles (known as Rongtsan), who were invited from Tibet by the founder of this monastery, still make appearance during the festival of the monastery. Later, ride bike to Hemis monastery. The great Mahasiddha Staktsang Raspa along with great ancestor Singey Namgyal built this biggest monastery in 16th century. After visiting this monastery, drive back to Stakna monastery, which is 27 km from Hemis. This monastery is belong to Red sect in Ladakh. . After visiting this monastery ride back to Leh. Overnight at hotel in Leh. (3500m) Matho Monastery Stakna Monastery Evening yoga session with instructor - at Hotel premises for (01 – 02 Hours).
DAY 09: DELHI FLIGHT: Morning after breakfast, transfer to airport board your flight towards Destination Covered, to enjoy yet again, a beautiful flight over the great Himalayas.
- 1. 8 night’s accommodation in base category room (unless specified otherwise) at mentioned hotels / camps or similar.
- 2. Stay As per meal plan specified above. Breakfast and dinner will be at the hotels and lunches (wherever mentioned) will be packed from the hotel for drives and sightseeing.
- 3. Welcome drink on arrival (non-alcoholic) in Leh.
- 4. Traditional welcome ceremony upon arrival at hotel in Leh.
- 5. Transportation by NAC Xylo / Scorpio / Innova for arrival / departure transfers, sightseeing as per the itinerary. (Max. 04 full paying pax in 01 vehicle, Guide and TL will share the same number of vehicles).
- 6. English speaking accompanying guide for sightseeing.
- 7. Cooking demo cum dinner at Local Ladakhi house (once during the tour).
- 8. Meeting with Local Medicine Doctor (once during the tour).
- 9. Daily yoga session and Yoga mattress with instructor for (02-03 Hrs).
- 10. 01 special session of Yoga and Meditation by professional instructor. (once during the tour)
- 11. Assistance at the airport while arriving and departing.
- 12. Mics. charges are inclusive like
- 13. Ladakh Environment Fee.
- 14. Monastery / monument entrance fee.
- 15. Inner-line permits
- 16. Portages at hotel and airport
- Airfare to and from Leh.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered.
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Package Inclusions”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary. The vehicle is not on disposal basis and will run strictly according to itinerary.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated).
- Camera fee, Soft or Hard drinks, Starters.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- GST 5% on total Invoice.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITION:
- Prices valid from 01st April 2019 to 31st Oct 2019.
- Check-In / Check-out time at all the properties would at 1000 hrs.
- Any price hike due to flight cancelled or delayed due to Bad weather or any other reason given by the airline. Cost for accommodation and transport in such cases will have to be borne by passenger.
- There would be no refund for the road blocks at Nubra / Pangong & Tsomoriri due to natural calamity.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services. No changes in the date of travel once booked.
- Room allotment will be as per availability at the time of check in, floor or view preferences are not guaranteed.
- Food menu as per availability of vegetables based on Buffet / Fixed menu.
- Any dispute will be subject to Delhi jurisdiction.
- 25% advance (Non Refundable) to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation & Balance 75% one month prior to arrival.
- Maximum 06 Pax can be accommodated in one vehicle Xylo or Similar.
- Any addition in Tax or Fuel charge done by Airlines / Transport Company etc will be chargeable to group members.
- The above rates are applicable strictly for resident Indian citizens only.
- 25% any time after confirmation.
- 50% before 30 days of arrival date.
- 100% before 15 days from date of departure.
- No Refund within 15 Days from the date of departure.
- No Refund or Compensation on any changes on ongoing trip.